Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mircales Needed



5/16/11

Hey friends,

We need a few miracles... I'm used to getting them... from my Great Big God and I am also used to how He comes through for me in the eleventh and a half hour! But if I could encourage you all to lift us up as we go into the final wrap here, I'd appreciate it!

The couple opening the bakery in these next two weeks have had a few setbacks... the carpenter quit mid job today... he has other "commitments" and doesn't know when he can return to finish the job! He did get our bench made and two shelves up so guess we will have to start with that! Pray he will return and finish up before the grand opening! Furniture and aprons and plastic bins to arrange our orders have been placed... they are all due to be in/ready in "5 days." We have not been able to find a contractor to finish the cement on the counter around the sink and install our tile backsplash and counter. We need God's man for the job to show up and come through for us!
The electric was installed for free by an Irish volunteer but while it is great and up to UK standards, the local Nepali electricians are dumbfounded by it... they don't understand why he has 6 wires to every site for light bulbs. They are confused why even the "ground" openings/wires test hot/positive and why the wires marked "solar panel" are hot when it is not connected to anything! This is not my forte and completely out of my league! They were ready to take down the "whole ceiling and start over" last night and I had to put the kibosh on that idea and suggest we try to email the guy who installed it. Pray we can find him and discuss this with him!
 
Also the Nepali's are confused about why the bulbs wouldn't light when there was clearly positive current. Turns out the switches are the opposite from what they are used to here!!!! Off is on and on is off once we figured that out half our electrical dilemmas were resolved! Pray we can get the remainder worked out tomorrow so we can test the oven and the electrical ignition on it as well as a few other small appliances! (I tried to gently tell them the rest of the world has their electrical switches wired right side up and only Nepal has theirs reversed but they didn't really want to hear it!)

Good news... I asked about an Espresso machine for the bakery... hours later the Lord provided one. Dr. Doug and his wife Ruth offered a small one of theirs "collecting dust" and my new little friend, Alicia from Seattle was a barista and knows what to do with it so there you go!
God has also worked out some great things for her this week... resolutions to some relational conflicts in her job. I was pleased to be able to be a sounding board for her and "a voice of reason" as she has worked through some serious issues and sees God's hand at work in growing her up a lot, just in one week!

We have also seen God do some amazing healing work in the life of a local widow (non - believer) as she humbled herself and invited her difficult foreign boss into her home for chai only to see God humble both and allow forgiveness and healing to take place in their relationship! So very cool!

On my end, I confronted the administrator that jilted me re: the ride and oven transport and we were able to find resolution and forgiveness on both ends to our conflict. I have asked him to never lie to me again. His wife has asked me to dinner 3 times since and I have accepted for tomorrow night though it could be one of the most awkward dinners of my life. Pray I will be used as an instrument of God's peace and that I'll have only words that will buildup and not tear down. This goes against my natural inclinations with this dude!

More painting tomorrow... need to find turpentine or kerosene first. To clean not only my brushes and rollers but all this splatter off my arms... the walls are so uneven and we have no trays... just big basins and it makes a real mess! Of course it is enamel and not water soluble! (you should see the incredulity on the faces of the Nepali's that stop in... they have never seen the magic of such quick paint application before! even the hospital mantainence man, L…,has never seen a roller before today!) All the woodwork was painted a rusty orange and the door insets are a mustard fake vinyl plastic inset so I am painting the entire inside white and starting over!
Ok off to bed... my cold has gotten to me... time for more "bug juice" and Colloidal Silver then a good night’s rest!

I so appreciate you puttin' in a good word for our needed miracles! I am only here for 2 more weeks! We are determined to get them up and bakin' before I leave! By the way she is baking up a storm in my little oven in my apartment meanwhile...word has gotten out!

Oh one last thing... the radio station got more hostile threats after our broadcast last night. The callers want to know who is producing these programs and demanding we stop. I think this is proof we are right on track! Satan does not want the truth of God's love and word to go forth. Fortunately, our producers are not discouraged by this and are more determined than ever to keep persevering! They need your prayers on this too!

OOOPs... another last thing... we are having another Dotiyali Christian song/ drama competition a week from Saturday. We have invited all local churches to participate. Pray for unity and for a great time and outcome... we are hoping for material we can use in the radio ministry. I have volunteered the top 3 prizes and to treat every attendee to Chai and Samosas.
All for now,
Thanks for guarding my back!

Love ya all!
Dawn Didi

No comments: