Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Have you ever traveled with an oven?



4/20/11

I need all your prayers!!! I'm kinda bummed... really!
Found out yesterday that the ride I thought I had secured for myself and the oven was a big lie... the hospital administrator took on 4 other "important men" as passengers and told me "it's not possible" now for either me nor the oven to go in that vehicle... strange he couldn't have told the truth in the beginning or called to tell me things had changed from Sunday's conversation till Tuesday morning's!

I called him to tell him I bought the oven and was arranging for pickup! Well he has disappointed me before! What did I expect? I did think of about 17 bad names to call him ... Two faced lillly livvvvvered slimy slithering rascal amongst others... forgive me Lord for I have sinned! I am still standing here with my jaw hanging open! How could he!

So I have spent way too much energy trying to come up with plan B. I thought I had a truck/ transport lined up for the oven and a large metal work table 5'x 2'x 34" but we were all set to collect the table from Bishel Kitchen today only to discover
A) They have no vehicle to deliver anything to the transport depot,
B) The truck won't come to the two sites I need them to... in fact
C) They have no business today and probably don't tomorrow either but "for sure" a truck will go on Friday! But we should call tomorrow anyway to see as they may just get other business and go tomorrow. If I can line up the truck... the oven dealer will deliver the oven to the truck. The table dealer will not deliver squat!
What a headache!
I have a ticket now for tomorrow's "deluxe Night bus" to Mahendra Nagar. I will get off in Attarya about 30 miles short of that. The Hotel's land rover will take me and my two huge 100# each suit cases stuffed with coffee, coffeemaker, dishes, silverware napkins etc, 10 kilo of yarn and various smaller personal items to the bus park. In route we will swing by the table shop and throw that up on the roof of the rover, all will be driven to the bus where my little buddy "son" B…., will get coolies to hoist this all onto the top of said bus and secure it!

I have emailed B…. to please meet me early Friday AM in Atarrya where he works and help me get it all off the said bus! I will then go into Dhangadi to shop for tables and chairs for the coffee shop... wish me well! It should beat buying them here and trying to transport them way out to western Nepal! Short of traveling by covered wagon I cannot imagine this being more difficult!
I did get a good seat on the bus to B…..s credit. Seat 1 by a window, just inside the door. It is deluxe... so might recline 6 inches if I am lucky and comes with a free water bottle, a newspaper (in Nepali) and a meal of rice and lentils and curried veggies at midnight! Oh yeah!

So pray I will be able to "suck it up" and go with the flow and even enjoy the adventure. Pray for safety (if you saw these hair pin turns and how fast this driver takes the curves you would ask for extra angels!) and that it will not be unbearably hot. Pray B…… will manage to get the oven on the next transport truck... Whenever that is and blessing on him for his good attitude and tremendously helpful spirit!

Pray I will leave it all in our good Lord's capable hands and not sweat the small stuff (not that I'd recognize the big stuff if it hit me in the face because this all feels really big to me on this side of paradise!)

Ok ... almost out of battery... no electricity here in K-du. They do run their wifi off the generator! Ha!
I'll let you know when I get there!
Dawn Didi 

No comments: