Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I am home but not without adventure!



1/12/11

Thanks everyone for your prayers! I am home but not without adventure!

Just once... just once!!!I'd love to be able to travel ... anywhere without an adventure! Couldn't I just have a normal, run of the mill, uneventful journey????

I was scheduled to leave Chicago at 3:30 pm yesterday but due to the storms across the country we never got off the ground till after 8 PM, putting me into SeaTac airport at precisely 11:11 PM on 1/11/11. But that meant I missed the 11:20 air porter by the time I collected my luggage. The 12:20 air porter was about 45 minutes late due to the falling snow and slushy streets and held only 24 passengers so the remaining 28 of us had to wait till the 4:20 AM air porter ( the other buses to ferry had ceased for the night by this time). It was an hour late and 24 people pushed ahead of me leaving me again standing in the cold! This time the driver felt sorry enough for me to give me a priority pass for the next shuttle so I actually made it on the 5:20 (albeit it too was an hour late). I finally made it into Port Orchard at 7 AM and Diane sweetly obliged to rescue me at that hour and get me to my own home and my own bed about 7:30 AM!

Those of you who do not travel much cannot appreciate the joy and relief of collapsing into one's own bed after 10 weeks away! I highly recommend it sometime... just for the experience of it and to appreciate what you have been taking for granted for so long!

Today after sleeping most of the day, I verbally wrestled with Quest to re-establish phone and internet service for almost 2 hours! I had a work order to have that done yesterday... but they insist someone made 97 calls total from my line to "directory assistance" daily between Nov 11th and the 26th, as well as 8 long distance calls all over the country while I was away and until I pay the $193.03 for that, I cannot have my service reinstated!!!!! I finally convinced the girl I would fax a copy of my itinerary once she reestablishes my fax line, proving I have been out of the country these last 3 months! This is a total mystery how this could have happened.
I think they will get me functional after 3 business days... so no service for 6 days more.

Please call me on my cell phone if you need to contact me as I'm in limbo and at the mercy of the phone company till Tuesday!

Other than a dead rat in the basement (he apparently took the bait I laid out a month ago) and the viscuine blown off the garage roof, things seem pretty much in place. I look forward to getting settled back into living in my own home and finding a job here as soon as possible.

My friends Bert and Karen have treated me to a fine dinner at their house tonight and generously shared their internet ... I am so grateful!

Hope to see many of you in the near future... I have missed you so much!
Blessings and wishing you all safety, warmth and joy in the days ahead!

No comments: