Thursday, June 6, 2013

Keeping Positive

Having trouble sleeping tonight...
 I heard a few hours ago (via email) that I have been fired from my Hospice job back home! Bummer! I am feeling a little shellshocked as I thought I had everything worked out with them. For 3 weeks I have been emailing various managers trying to determine my schedule and trying to communicate the need I had to extend my ticket and have not heard from them except to hear " send your availability to the new manager", 3 emails later I have yet to hear from her but an email tonight informs me ( HR) that I have been terminated!

God must have bigger and better plans for me. Please pray I will be patient as HE reveals these to me and that I will be able to joyfully continue serving Him regardless!

On the positive note... I am virtually weepy with amazement at how God is coming through for us here in the 11th hour. In the last 72 hours he has moved 2 wonderful donors to very generously cover all the remaining expenses on the first floor of the paraplegic facility and some of our radio ministry needs as well. We praise God for his faithful provision and have full confidence the few remaining needs will be cared for as well ie rent for the apartment we keep here(90$/month) and the salary for the radio technician/programmer. ($100/month) 

God also brought 3 people to my door today that have exactly the skills we need to finish up the project! One we have been hunting for for 5 days! Another our door and window man... and he came without being called! And the electrician/ plumber who can start tomorrow!

Last week it seemed impossible to finish. Today the contractor said that with this heat, not only could he remove the bamboo poles holding up the new roof 2 days early, but the cement floors and plaster should dry in 5 days vs 9! Guess I'll stop complaining about the unprecedented heat!

So I choose to keep focused on all he positive evidence of a great big God at work on our behalf and keep looking up.
Thanks for looking in the same direction... HE hears our prayers!


No comments: