Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Down but not out...

I am discouraged tonight...I learned this PM  that it is not at all probable that I will get my miracle and get to see the girls properly installed in their new place.
The main contractor had to take a day off for personal reasons 2 days ago and while he sent his crew, they are just not fast and able to push through like the boss. Then this morning it POURED rain and I mean POURED! a virtual torrential deluge... so the crew did not show up till the sun came out at 2 pm. The floors were starting to be poured and cement spread at 5 pm when I last checked in and the boss tells me it will be 5 days before anyone can walk on them and 7 before we can put a heavy iron bed on it and fill it with 500 liters of water!
Also we have not been able to secure a dozer again to dig out the septic... we may have to hand dig it and then it will be 5 days to line it and 2 days of drying time. so realistically we are looking at 10 more days till we can make it habitable!
Window guy can't get here till Friday either... and Yo Nepal Ho... he could also get held up with his schedule...so bottom line... I am the one to plant and water but not the one to harvest... someone else is meant for that.  
Pastor Prem and my landlord, Tara Datt ( also an elder in the chur-ch), have offered to take charge of the transfer and Sabi, the widow who donated the land, is highly motivated to see the project through to completion ASAP. She was ready to paint today and I held her back explaining we would just be in the way of the workman trying to get the floors laid. I have nicknamed her "dozer"!
. Jamani is my house keeper and has offered to get all the bedding and supplies for them. from my house, down to the new house. We will go through everything tomorrow and role play where to put what and how to arrange it all.
Thirtha is the maintenance man from the last hospital and built their beds in the first place and has filled their waterbeds in the past. He is our contracted plumber and electrician and I could not have a better man on the case if I tried! He has a sharp mind and can figure things out better than most and is very handy at all kinds of things. He will disassemble and reassemble their iron waterbeds, install the new waterbed heaters and make sure the new bunks get installed and secured to the existing iron structures! 
As a team they are all capable... things might just not have the designer touch I was planning to put on the event and it won't have the flourish and pomp and celebration I was planning to bring to it. There are no other foreigners here at present... they all leave Thursday and I leave Saturday.
It will be ok... it will all be just fine!
So it is a lesson in trust ... to try to let go of my control once again! I remind myself He is God and I am not! And I'm not giving up on miracles yet... just trying to be realistic. I tell everyone who comes here to check their expectations at the door... it is my turn now. I am determined to enjoy these last 3 days here!
Thanks for your prayers and votes of confidence! They all have meant so very much!
We now have water! first time in the 10 weeks I have been here in Dadeldhura, that I didn't have to take a pour bath with a glass of water- maybe 2 on a good day! Now pray it won't flood out my flight on Saturday! This may be the start of the monsoons!
Must get some shut eye... the storm kept me awake most of last night .It sure cleared the air and the view of the snows was spectacular this evening from my porch!

Toodles!
Dawn Didi
 





 

No comments: