Sunday, March 15, 2009

Arrived Safely

Hello friends and family!
"I have arrived!" or so I am led to believe!

I had a long laborious journey but arrived safe and sound in K-du on time on Saturday. My gracious hostess, Julia, met me at the airport and has been a delight to share with... she is a young nurse from Vancouver and we are listening to 106.5 via internet fromvthe pacific North West tonight as I write! I didn't know we could hear "home" like this from half a world away!
I met up with my brother Dave, the next day and we have spent the last 3 days getting visas lined up successfully for the next three months, visiting our orphanage, networking with the college kids we have sponsored in the past and shopping for needed yarn and items to take out west.

Tomorrow I surprisingly have a job interview... the lady I meet with at 1PM is the Director of Nursing of the Nepali Nursing council and cheif of staff at the largest cancer Hospital in Nepal located in Chitwan. One of these before mentioned college students became a nurse, got a job there, rooms with this lady and when she became ill Manju offered her a dose of my "bug juice" she got well in a day and demanded to know where she learned this remedy. Manju told her about me and now she is dying to meet me and she is also here in K-du this week. Their Cancer hospital is reportedly seeking someone to teach alternative therapies and so therefore I am hooked up for the interview tomorrow! I need your prayers!

Saturday, Dave and I plan to head west. There is a road blockage for the next three days so we are obligated to spend a little more time here in the city. Thursday we will visit the women involved in the brick making women's initiative that have been beading and making jewelry for me in the past. We spent several hours with the orphans tonight... they all seem to be happy and flourishing!

G-od is good!
However our electricity is about to cut off again!

1 comment:

Perry Andersen said...

Hi Dawn, Dave and ALL;
Lots A Love and Prayers from Port Orchard, Each Day I have the delightful privilage to Pray for You Dawn,Your Brother Dave, Your Family and friend's here at home and there with you's, Julia your Gracious Hostess, Nurse Friend And Companion, "We are praying for you too Julia THANK YOU for taking good care of our Friend, We know she is in good hand's with friend's like you around to support her, And We THANK YOU FATHER, Lord of Lord's, King of King's, Giver of ALL thing's GOOD. For the work that is being done thru all these Humble, Loving, Caring people whome you have touched and Blessed to do your will and Great work's. Please Oh Lord, Continue to Bless them with Your Loving touch, Grace, Guidence and Healing that is being poured out, Received and shared with the Many throughout the Land's, May their vally's be High and their mountian's be Low as they serve You OH LORD."
All My Love and support,
Perry Andersen and Your friend's at Spirit of Truth Fellowship.