Monday, April 1, 2013

Raise the roof in 3 days!

Hello my friends, Ever feel like you are in a whirlwind or maybe the tornado like Dorothy of Wizard of Oz? I am imagining what that might actually be like and have determined that as fast as life is coming at me these days... and as dizzy as I feel, I must be in some kind of spinning vortex!
Or is that my head cold speaking?
I really cannot afford to be sick just now!
I have been taking Colloidal Silver but think I better be more aggresive today and add "bug juice" to the mix as well. I didn't want to reek of garlic in the Easter service today so obstained! That stuff is so powerful just the odor is enough to cure what ails ya! Sure works for viruses though!
I don't care about what the people on the flight think about me smelling like a garlic clove! I'll never see them again! But Diane may renounce me before we even hit LA!
My dining room is a disaster! Piles everywhere of stuff to go in the 3 suitcases also stacked in the room! But most everything has been purchased or donated and just needs to go into the cases in some kind of orderly fashion!
That wont happen till Tuesday night! Today after I get off my last 12 hour shift at Hospice for awhile, I have mechanics to yell at ( hypothetically as the trouble they claimed to have fixed is worse than ever!), a computer to pick up that has been rehabed by a friend, calls to make to all my utilities and credit card companies and finally some sleep. When I wake up I will ( joyfully) go see my kids in West Seattle and go out for Thai food ( our way of celebrating Easter and saying fare thee well!).
When I get back on the ferry, I need to go finish the painting job I took on. I am mostly done with the whole house but then there remains this one room where the wall paper removal is just so time consuming... I swear they used rubber cement 50 years ago when they put it up!
Sleep what is sleep! Tuesday is hair cut, Pack and a trip to Kent to see my craniopath! He will free my Right arm that aches so much from scraping popcorn ceilings and painting above my head.
Then comes D day... Wednesday! I am not scheduling anything. The biblical addage " each day has enough trouble of it's own" has proven especially true for days of exit. The less expectations the better. So I am grateful my friends can come get us about 2 :30 PM and whisk us away to the airport for our flight to LA. We have about 3 hours to kill before boarding for Seoul, Korea. 3 more hours there before boarding for Kathmandu and about 23 flight hours from leaving Seatac we expect to arrive in K-du.
Good thing I can sleep on a plane eh?
Thanks to the many of you that have prayed and contributed to the adventure yet to be!
We are waiting for our waterbed heaters to arrive Tuesday, Lowes gave me half off on the faucets we needed and we are waiting for a couple pledges for a door and a big window. We have funds for all the bricks we should need! And $830 has come in through the events of last weekend ( thank you to the wonderful angels in Allyn!) out of the $3000 needed for the roof.
If you havent been blessed yet to be a part of this crazy mission, could you please prayerfully open your hearts and piggy banks... I know 3 days is enough for God to bring in the remainder through His people who know this is HIS important work.
My bad... in previous emails I failed to mention an address you could use to send in your donation. My mother pointed this out! Thanks MOM!
I forget not everyone knows or goes to our web site where there is an address posted for snail mail. it is : Dare to Care
435 N Alfred St
Elgin Ill, 60123

On the web site: www.DaretoCareInc.com there is a paypal link to use a credit card if you so choose.
Thanks for your generousity and changing the lives of these lovely women with your love and gifts! We who take so much for granted, can really make an impact here!
Well toodles for now. I will try to write next from the airport enroute! Keep those prayers coming!
Dawn Didi and Diane Didi ( she will have to get used to being called that!.. it means big sister!)

No comments: