Saturday, April 20, 2013

Marching uphill!

The bricks arrived today !!!! Hooray! I was trying not to get discouraged cause it took 6 days to get them here when they kept saying " tomorrow, tomorrow".  But Yo Nepal ho! (it explains how nothing is ever on our western time table or matches our western expectations!)
The truck came just before church and we watched the crew grab 4 at a time and literally thow them off the truck into a pile on the property so  it will be interesting to see how many are actually usable vs broken!
This should mean the contractor and his crew will show up tomorrow and begin construction of the walls! Local concencus is- it should take about a week to get the walls up, another week for the "beams" and another for the roof! Then comes the plumbing, electric and windows and doors! Oh and we forgot about the septic tank... that too! I forgot to budget for that!
I am saying" why me Lord? I really know nothing about construction!" But HE knows what HE is doing... I am just the willing laison. He did provide the hospital maintanace man who is willing to do the plumbing on his day off when the time comes! I am very grateful because plumbers who know what they are doing are very rare out here and Tirtha does know what he is doing!
Diane and I enlisted the help of our landlords teen boys today to paint the inside of the main room of the bakery. We ran out of paint just before we finished the edging... so another trip to the Berger paint store tomorrow! It is looking considerably cleaner and brighter!
The dogs kept us awake most of last night with their barking right outside our windows. Diane got up at 3 AM and got a bucket of water and went outside to douse them but they were up a level, barking, and I don't think she hit her target. Sundari, the landlady, also doused them but to little avail! They are growling now again but it is so much better tonight...so far!
Pray for Diane... she has a bad cold ( not one I gave her! mind you!) she has spent much of her day steaming her face and blowing her nose, poor thing! Pray for total and rapid healing!
Well I am spent after little sleep last night and a lot on my plate today. I am sure wishing Dr Davis was here to fix me up with my shoulder! (Should not have tried to paint the ceiling in the bakery today! I let the teens do most of it...but had to train them the correct way to do it so they didn't splatter paint every where! It is a novelty for them to paint with a roller - a concept and tools I brought from the US!)
Will have to get an appointment with him pronto upon our return in June! He is amazing! Dr Davis, the Craniopath, that is!
Monday I am planing to take 2 Swedish Dr.s and Diane on a day trip to Baitadi about 130 KM away. We will go deeper into the mountains to the Indian border and "see what we can see". Hopefully all the snow ranges will be visible!
Well must lay this weary body horizontal and as I am not much good at typing in that position, this is all for now. Besides it is midnight here.
Drat those beastly dogs... they are barking and growling again... sounds like at least 3 just outside my window! Hopefully they are actually protecting us from something we can't see and not just responding to some far away jackal!
Pray for peace in Dadeldhura the rest of the night!!!!!
Thanks for your prayers!
Dawn Didi
 





 

No comments: