Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chitwan

I really did have plans to bug out of town and go to Chitwan but... Yo Nepal ho! (this is Nepal!) and one must be flexible! Plans made does not mean they can be implemented!
The gal I was to stay with in Chitwan suddenly had to go to Kathmandu this week so just as I was about to book my bus ticket, I found out about the change and developed plan "b and c" both which involve going to Sheshia with Dave and spending one or two nights there and seeing the progress and work for myself before allowing him to put me on a bus to Chitwan from there.
I hear it is really hot down there on the plains so I'm going for the minimal time in the village with no running water, outside shanty for a toilet and mosquitos! Can you blame me?
Also there is a new Bhundh so we'll see when we can get past that and how!
I hope to hook up with Julia again in Kathamndu after the week in Chitwan ( which both will be hot as well but should have a few more amenities like fans and showers!) and spend a couple days getting more supplies for the womens ministry and then get back to the hills about the first of May... again Yo Nepal ho and we have to see how it all plays out!
I'm enjoying my freedom without a cast and the increased activity! The arm is still very weak... not sure what I expected! I'm knitting a sweater though and trying to do what I can around the house. My cleasning lady is pretty protective though! ( she does need the job more than I need my independence!)
I heard from my friends that kept my cat, Mz Precious,( already on Kitty Hospice as I left) that she secumbed this week just before Easter!!!! I'll miss her and am grateful for friends that took such tender loving care of her!
All for now and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: