Monday, December 10, 2007

Merry Christmas from Tropical Paradise

No... I'm not hallucinating though I did have a fever and some "spells" last week. (Thanks for your prayers! A week of stomach flu while traveling almost leveled me but I'm raring to go once again now!)
I really am in a tropical paradise! I'm in Sentani, Papua, Indonesia!
How'd I get here? you ask... you thought I was in Nepal in the Himalaya mountains?...well I was till my parents came through town in Dadeldhura, Nepal to visit for 10 days and offered me my way paid to Indonesia for my Christmas present!!!!

How could I refuse an offer like that? especially after I had prayed about it back in August when I heard my parents were making plans to visit my sister Di and her family for the holiday... I put it in God's hands saying if He wanted me to go too, He'd have to provide the way! I then forgot about it as it seemed a dream too far out of reach to waste any more energy on... until Mom called upon their arrival in Kathmandu and made the offer!!! WHOOHEEE!!!!

We all left Dadeldhura together last Thursday and made the grueling trip arriving here Monday morning at 7:30 AM on the all night, red eye island hopper( 4 stops from Jakarta to Jayapura!).

So here we are... getting ready for a tropical Christmas with many of my family... and counting my many blessings...just wish my kids could be here! I miss them so! Pray for them... our first Christmas apart... to feel God's arms around them and His love transporting them before the Throne of Grace.

After all it was 2007+ years ago Jesus left that throne to come here to be born in the humblest of beginnings, to share His life with us (Emmanuel - God with us), so He could be Life for us and rescue us from death (eternal separation from a Holy God) to Everlasting Life! The Spiritual ramifications are so huge... I cannot really comprehend that kind of love. (but I try!!!)

This year, I also have a new appreciation of how He left His home of luxury and Family and instead, went a very long way to help those who desperately needed help and a Savior.

I wish you all a wonderful, meaningful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dawn

PS I'll be here till Dec. 26th when I fly back to Singapore... there my parents and I part ways... they return to Chicago then South Dakota and I return to Kathmandu on the 27th.
I'll be joined by Carol Brown, our first Dare to Care volunteer the first week of January and we'll go out to Dadeldhura together to serve for the next 5 months!

No comments: