Saturday, November 17, 2007

Safe in Dadeldhura, Nepal!

Hi Everyone. This is Eryka standing in for my mom on the Internet front. Mom has had some difficulty posting to Blogger, so I'm taking her emails and transposing them into blog entries. It also appears she doesn't quite understand all this Blogger terminology, because I found some drafts of posts that she tried to make available to you, but couldn't quite figure it out. So this post is from Oct. 18th, 2007.

I'm so excited to finally be at my destination. I have overcome some big hurdles to get here but am safe and sound at last!
I have rented a room from a lovely Nepali family and have promises of having 3 more rooms within the next month so will have a whole "flat" of my own. As I have no Kitchen as yet they are feeding me 3 meals / day with their family. It's a good thing I like Nepali food!
The weather is turning cold... we are at an altitude of about 2000 meters or 6500 feet. So my days are spent settling in, planning for increased cold weather/ winter and waiting for the current Deshai Holiday to adjourn so we can begin meetings with the NGO and finalize the future of the ministry to the widows and orphans and impoverished people of the surrounding villages.
Many income generation options are available and narrowing down what we think would be the most effective will be one of our biggest challenges.
So far the receptiveness of individuals to my vision and offer to assist for the next 8 months has been very positive so now our collective planning begins in earnest!
I hope to update you all soon! It is a relief to finally be able to blog from here as most of the journey I could not access my website for whatever reasons!
So ... more to come and wishing you warmth and peace!

1 comment:

NM Station said...

i had been to dadeldhura way back in 1990, with my wife, on a honeymoon trip. we want to visit the place again, with our grown up kids. would it be safe to do so?