Monday, March 25, 2013

Crunch Time!

Hi my friends!
Thanks so much for your prayers.
It is indubitably "Crunch Time" with only 9 days till our departure for Nepal. I worked an extra day of overtime last week so everything was on scrunch mode to cram everything in the week and so I am feeling not only the crunch but overwhelmed and fatigued.
I am at work now... only one patient! NICE! so can catch up on a little email.
 Diane was the Southworth postmistriss and we have led BB Studies together in our neighborhood. She is retired now and free to go with me for the 8 weeks.I have been talking about taking her with me "some day" for 9 years now and it is finally a reality! We have our passports, details aligned and shots and are ready to go.. almost!
She is sooooooooo excited to do this trip.
Some of you asked how you might help.
Well we are behind in our fund raising... though right on schedule for God 'cause HE is going to come through either way, right! But I am thinking He might just want to bless you and your small group/ church by participating in some way with us. Would you ask your circle of friends/ colleagues, if they could pick a project off the attached list and do the fundraiser of your choice to get the funds collected in the next 10 days??? No pressure. But it would be such a blessing to the paraplegic women and to me to see it come in. Pick a window, a door, a roof... whatever seems to be what the Lord lays on your hearts! ( My concern is the roof! we have enough to lay up 5400 bricks for walls... I'm told we need 6000 so we are close there... but then what? Sure would be nice to cover it up with a solid cement roof! Right!!!) But whatever the Lord burdens your hearts for is the right project for your group!
We also need your prayers ... I am concerned about getting all the supplies out on the bus? Renting a private vehicle sure would be a nice luxury..though not a necessity..we can always heave it up on top of the bus for that 30 hour ride!. We will have a wheel chair that doesn't collapse ( it is for Digri, one of the paraplegiacs - free! Did I tell you what a "God Thing" this is?), 3 suitcases, a knapsack, carry-ons, 30+ KG's of wool and several boxes of supplies we pick up in K-du! And maybe a kitchen sink! Oh and glass block if we can find it!
I want to take Diane to the Bhardia Forest Preserve and show her the elephant ride... tiger viewing season is all of March so a week into April we might could still see some! How to fit that into the transportation of all the saaman ( luggage) into the hills is part of the adventure! Please pray about that as well!
Meanwhile here in Port Orchard, WA ,I am also looking for someone who has some time to research water bed heaters... ideally solar, but will work with 110 if needed ... we would then need some good converters for 220 to 110 voltage unless we can find 220 V heaters... this would so improve the lives of Rama and Digri.( just think of the luxury... warm beds!!! something you and I regularly enjoy and take for granted.) The time to install them is when we switch them up to the new facility and have to drain their waterbeds anyway. This research could be online, calling or visiting a local waterbed store etc. I need to know what is out there and prices on obtaining something to keep them warm. If anyone in your circle has time this week to take this on and call me, I would so love it as I am feeling overwhelmed with all that is on my plate! If we can find out if they could be shipped to me to arrive by Monday the 1st or if there is a dealer in Silverdale, Tacoma or Seattle that would have whatever needed in stock...
So these are my biggest concerns. The rest is wish listed but not a necessity. Some of it involves local shopping/ goodwill purchases, dollar store buys for gifts for Pant (landlord's) kids etc.
Oh please also pray... 
1) I am trying to get the VW Jetta my daughter dropped off to me 3 years ago detailed and listed on Craig's list and sold. Went to vacuum the car and my vacuum ( a dyson and not supposed to loose suction! has no suction!) On top of that the car won't start! New Battery drained?  Or my inadequacy? Not a good sign! I need a fair- good price for it. ($4500?) 
and 
2) I took on painting a house for a friend in need so they can sell it! should have been done a month ago but my hip went out. I'm back on my game now. I am getting close to being done but it is significantly adding to my stress! One room in particular the wall paper removal is horrible... the stuff is on with rubber cement! I still have to get 2 - 1/2 walls stripped... slow even with the chemicals!
If you know any one who lives near Belfair or Allyn, WA please send them the attachment about our final fundraising event at Haven in Allyn this Friday 3/29/13. Please pray for a wonderful rain free day and that it will be a huge success!!!!  
Pray for  miracles! Expect them with me.
Well that is the scoop for now!

No comments: